Thursday, January 24, 2013

TAG Group Retreat

Good grief. . . it's been 2 1/2 months since I last posted.  I'm not even going to try to catch up.  Just jumping in with what's going on these days.
 
~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~ 
 
I'm a part of a TAG group at our church.  TAG stands for Touching Another Generation, based on the Titus 2 mandate for women to teach and encourage other women. Our group has ten members and two mentors.  We've been together for a year now, and we've grown in beautiful, amazing ways as a group.
 
This past weekend, our group went on a little retreat to Hilton Head.  It was so much fun!  Sadly we were missing a few, but we were still able to enjoy being together, encouraging one another and laughing A WHOLE LOT!
 
 
Since some arrived Thursday, when the last of us arrived Friday afternoon we walked to the beach to see the sunset. 
 
 
 
 
I look at these women, and I see strength, beauty, perseverance, diligence, wisdom and love.  Oh the love! 
 
We walked a little way with our new friend who took our picture - she was also from Macon!  Crazy! We ended up at this cool boardwalk type place. 
 
 
The weekend was filled with good food, shopping, games, prayer, more food, good talks, more food, and rest
 
NOTE: If you ever find yourself on my team in a game of Balderdash, don't get me to hum a tune. Just don't.  I can't do it without laughing.  Speaking of laughing, we laughed we cried!   
 
Some had to come home Saturday night for church commitments, and the rest of us stayed and went to church Sunday there on the island.  After worship, a brief shopping trip in an old church, and more eating, we loaded up and headed home, too.
 
Full.  My heart is full.  This group was an answer to prayer for me.  A request I brought before God for over a year.  I cherish our group and our relationship!  Looking forward to another year together.  The best is surely yet to come!
 

 


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my word, what an awesome time with some beautiful ladies!! That sounds amazing and a kid free getaway, wow! Can't wait to see how God blesses your group!

Ally said...

Our God is so faithful! Grateful for answered prayers and your weeeknd away with good friends. Good to see a post from you :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't even recognize you with your dark hair- it looks amazing!

What an AWESOME way to serve God through such a wonderful ministry :) I really love it!

Molly is so big and beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great group of ladies and sounds like you had a wonderful time! Yay!

Wow. I'm actually here, on your blog for a change. Woo-hoo! ;)

Hugs, Jenn

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading about this. What a nice time you had and what a blessing in answered prayer. Encouraging! Thank you and, surprise! I'm visiting! I haven't and don't get out into blog land visits very much any more - fairly limited. But glad I stopped by. Now let's see if my WordPress ID works today w/Blogger! ;) Hugs, Jenn