Wednesday, December 17, 2008

5 Senses Wish List

So I’m becoming totally addicted to Google Reader. There are so many great writers in blogland, and I am always intrigued to read what others are experiencing, thinking, or feeling. During one of my most recent blogland stalks, I found out about 20SB’s Blog Carnival. Fun times! Bloggers may pick from one of the following topics:

1. A wish-list of 5 items, one for each sense (that's an item for sight, one for smell, etc)
2. A wish-list of things you want that are free
3. A wish-list of things you would sneak under the tree for yourself, age 13

While they all sound super fun, I choose to complete a wish-list of 5 items, one for each sense. Here goes. . .

Sense of Sight: A Fireplace! Oh, how I long for a fireplace in our home! Not only is it super comforting, but the sheer sight of a burning fire is totally captivating to the eyes! This could also be a wish for my sense of smell as there is nothing as great as the smell of a burning fire and for my sense of hearing. My goodness, isn’t the crackle of a fire so comforting?

Sense of Smell: An eternal “smell good” for our home that doesn’t bother Tim. Most of the plug-ins or candles that I prefer give Tim a head ache. I grew up in a home where you could “eat the walls” as one of my sister’s friends once said, so I love for a home to smell delicious!

Sense of Touch: I want a blanket of my own that’s fuzzy and warm on one side and silky and cool on the other. You know, like the baby blankets! Why can’t we adults have one, too? And no, please refrain from giving me one of those shlanket things that are out this season. You know, the blanket that has sleeves in it like it's also a sweater?

Sense of Hearing: a Bose speaker system for our home. I have loved listening to Pandora this Christmas season; type in Peaceful Christmas, and your computer speakers come alive with the likes of Jim Brickman and other calming, soothing Christmas carols. Only at the Slocum house, you must be in the office or maybe in one of the bedrooms to hear the music. And then this morning, Tim tells me how his hotel room (he’s in Orlando for work) has speakers in the bathroom, so he listened to SportsCenter while showering this morning. How cool is that!?!?!

Sense of Taste: Starbucks coffee brewed fresh daily in our Cuisinart coffee maker every day on its own!

There you have it! What is your wish list? Do tell!!!!

2 comments:

Ally said...

I'm with you on the fireplace...and the blanket...and I could go for some speakers too. I never get to listen in the bathroom.

I would even settle for gas logs right now....

Kimberly said...

Yay! Glad to find you in blog land! Here is my five senses wish list off the top of my head...
Sight: Family. We're with Mark's family right now and heading to SC later, so I am excited about seeing loved ones!
Smell: Dolce & Gabbana "Light Blue"...that's my wish list for perfume :)
Taste: A COKE. Mark's parents don't have any in the house and I am having MAJOR withdrawals!!!
Sound: I'm still humming Harry Connick Jr tunes from the concert last week...so fun!
Touch: A waterfall showerhead. I would love to have one of those huge ones that makes you feel like you're standing in a rain shower!

That was fun! I think I am going to pass some hints on to Mark now!!!
Hope you & Tim have a wonderful Christmas!